About Me

My photo
Web person at the Imperial War Museum, just completed PhD about digital sustainability in museums (the original motivation for this blog was as my research diary). Posting occasionally, and usually museum tech stuff but prone to stray. I welcome comments if you want to take anything further. These are my opinions and should not be attributed to my employer or anyone else (unless they thought of them too). Twitter: @jottevanger

Monday, May 04, 2009

ICHIM and DISH

I hadn't twigged that the 2007 ICHIM was in fact the last of that long-running series of bi-annual conferences, which ran, amazingly, from 1991. April's issue of Curator starts off with an interview with David Bearman on the ICHIM's history, why it ended, and what next. Let's not forget that dbear and Jennifer Trant also run the universally adored and enormous Museums and the Web conferences, but ICHIM covered somewhat different territory and arguably there's a space that needs filling now...

...which is why it was timely that on the same day I found that interview, I also read about DISH2009:


"Digital Strategies for Heritage (DISH) is a new bi-annual international
conference on digital heritage and the opportunities it offers to cultural
organisations."

DISH 2009 takes place in Rotterdam December 8-10th, and the CFP is up. It looks interesting: taking a step back to look at strategic questions of innovation, collaboration, management etc.

No comments: